Cyprus Parkinson Disease Association (CPDA) was founded in 2000. CPDA is a non-religious, non-political, and non-profit making organisation concerned with the health and welfare of people living with Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and their families and carers.
CPDA is a member of the European Parkinson’s Disease Association (E.P.D.A.) as well as the World Parkinson’s Disease Association and supports every effort in the prevention, treatment, and cure of PD through several actions the major of which are:
- Assure and supply medical care to all PD patients in Cyprus
- Coordinate and liaise between PD patients and their families with the practising Doctors and the Ministry of Health for cases where there are problems for the patients in securing the best treatment or other related issues
- Provide up-to-date information to members about PD gathered from E.P.D.A. and W.P.D.A. as well as other credible organizations.
- Create public awareness for PD ti trigger additional involvement and support towards PD patients and their families
- Provide support to all PD patients their families
- Organize conferences and social events related to PD in Cyprus
- Promote research on PD
- Supporter of the Cyprus Institute of Neurology & Genetics